Active outdoor apparel company is seeking an Outerwear Technical Designer. The ideal candidate should be very interested in how Fashion meets Function. If you understand this segment of the market and are passionate about the outdoors, we really want to meet with you!
In this role you will ensure garment uniformity and consistency of fit for all products. In addition, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with designers to determine fit and aesthetic details.
- Create and update fit specs on tech packs as well as issue fitting comments.
- Conduct production fittings as needed for Missy, Petite and women's sizes
- Approve fit, and construction of garments within the development and production time-lines
- Utilize Illustrator, digital photos, and technical sketches as a tool of communicating to factories
- Daily communication and follow through with factories
- 5+ years of experience OR comparable understanding of technical fitting, measurements, construction and design
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office and Illustrator
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Experience reading technical specifications and ability to spec
- Ability to react quickly with a strong sense of urgency in a high pressure, fast paced environment
We offer medical, dental, life insurance and 401k benefits. For immediate consideration, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org